Flashback Friday 009. Light Years
Posted 3 years ago by Joel Funk
Every Friday, we try to sit down with some of our favorite bands and ask them some Flashback Friday questions. This week, we got the opportunity to sit down with Pat Kennedy of Light Years (guitar/vocals). Check out some of his most memorable Flashback Friday moments.
- Where/When was your bands first show? How did that go?
PK: Our first show was in the summer of 2010 I believe at a DIY venue in Cleveland called The Tower. It was a super cool and super sketchy place that had awesome shows. At the time we were only a three piece and I think it went okay? If I remember correctly…
- Did you guys play any covers? If so, of what?
PK:We did play a cover. We covered “Holiday” by the Get Up Kids.
- What was the first song you guys wrote as a band? Is it on any of your releases?
PK: I think the first song we ever wrote was a song called “Biographies” which is on our first EP “This Will Come Back To Haunt Me.” We still play this song sometimes!
- Did your band ever have a different name?
PK: We never had a different name but I did want to call the band Tattletail… No one else liked that.
- When did you decide that making music was something you really wanted to pursue?
PK: During the fall of 2012 we decided we wanted to take the band more seriously and instead of singing up for spring classes at Kent State where we were going to school we booked a full US tour with Pentimento.
- What is the first band you remember getting really, really into?
PK: The first band I ever got really into was blink-182. That band changed my life and made me want to play music.
- What was the first album you bought with your own money?
PK: I believe the first album i bought with my own money was Smash Mouth “Fush Yu Mang” kind of embarrassing but whatever.
- What was the first show you went to?
PK: The first show I went to was Sum 41 and Goldfinger. This was right when all killer no filler came out so Sum 41 was huge. It was great.
- Favorite One Hit Wonder? If you don’t have one, then Favorite song not from this decade?
PK: They weren’t a one hit wonder but easily my favorite song from the 90s would be “Semi Charmed Kinda Life” by Third Eye Blind. I can listen to that song on repeat all day and not get tired of it.
- Favorite movie? If you can recall, favorite line?
PK: My favorite movie is Back to the Future. My favorite part is when Marty is in 1955 and asks for a “Pepsi Free” and the waiter at the diner says “You want a Pepsi pal you’re gonna pay for it.”